HW 8, problem 4, question 3

Alicia Waltenbaugh
Hi, I was wondering what you meant when you asked us to Draw a horizontal line for #3 in problem #4
Thanks!

Re: HW 8, problem 4, question 3

Taeho Kim
Administrator
Alicia Waltenbaugh wrote
Hi, I was wondering what you meant when you asked us to Draw a horizontal line for #3 in problem #4
Hi Alicia,

This is very similar to what we did to compare two population means.
But, now the target parameter is mu_D , the mean difference, instead of mu_1-mu_2.

What we did to make our final conclusion was
1) Draw a horizontal line.
2) Specify zero on the horizontal line.
3) Draw the confidence interval on the line as well.
4) Does the interval contains zero or not?

The conclusion should be made based on the answer for 4).